Thursday, April 23, 2015

Who doesn't LOVE Prima!!!!

Ok some quick business first... some of you may have noticed the disappearance of some of my posts and tutorials . Please don't worry they will be back I just had to remove them until after they are published!!!! So stay tune I will let you know when they are back, some were just picked up and some will be back really soon!!!!


Now on for the MAIN EVENT .. I am going to throw my hat in the ring for the chance at an amazing opportunity.. to be part of the Prima Marketing Design Team.  I know there are so many other amazing designers out there but as I tell my students  if you don't try you can never know the joy of success.


It was hard to choose what projects I love the most  and clearly describe my style that use Prima....partially because I am pretty sure EVERY project I make has at least a little bit of Prima wonderfulness on it. Whether it's a burst of glitter from a Color Bloom Spray  to their amazing Flowers and Embellishments ..to the staple in every crafter's wardrobe...PAPER they have every corner covered and there is a little bit of  of wonderful to appeal to every artist. But really this is nothing new to your ears.


Anyway I decided to showcase some of my most recent creations... now they aren't all a 100% Prima but that's part of what I love about this company . Their collections are amazing just on there own ..the creations you can make are breathtaking. BUT they also work beautifully with other product lines.


First up is my newest creation a 12 by 12 layout featuring my Hubby and middle son.. mental note for next time is to take the plastic out of the frame as it really plays havoc when I am trying to take a picture. The only reason this isn't a Prima frame is I ran out of them and the local store was SOLD OUT!!! And we all know when inspiration hits we just must create.... but don't worry I have a few on order can't live with out those frames!!!!    The layout is a bit of a mix media venture for me I chose colors I don't usually work with, trying to step out of the box a bit. I just love this paper from the Epiphany line the line art and subtle colors provided the perfect background to add to.  I stenciled in a filigree with some modeling paste and added some color using FaberCastell Gelatos and Prima Watercolor pencils.  I mixed and matched my flowers from my bin of leftovers , and finished off the layout by continuing the circle theme with the Prima Say it in Crystals Circles in Iridescent.  I am so happy how this turned out!!!



This layout features some older school photos of my daughter.  The background image is from the Prima Ledger 12 inch pad.  I really like how this pads color scheme coordinates with so many of the current and past Prima collections. It offers an alternative to mix in to the collection to create a whole new look.  I used more of my leftovers on this one. Including paper scraps from the Princess Collection and a scrap of  Prima canvas.  I mixed up the Prima flowers with a few odds and ends and even a piece of broken Christmas embellishment Twig.  The resin butterflies and wood pieces add the perfect finishing touch to my take on a simpler layout. 





Next up is a simple 12 inch canvas it feature the wonderful 12 Inch Free Spirit Bloom Girl Stencil. I applied her with modeling paste and then sprayed her in bright orange and pinks. Sorry I don't have the color list... I was in the moment and this was made more for me than as a share but I LOVE it so much I had to share. I embellished her hair in a multitude of Prima flowers and metal embellishments and finished it off with some vintage lace and Thickers letters with the message which was the whole point of this project... to inspire myself.  I hope it inspires you as well. 


This sweet card features the lovely Wryn-Fairy Friends from Tiddly Inks . I colored her to compliment the card which I made using the Prima Butterfly Collection.   I love how edging the papers with the Prima Distress tool gave the card the perfect vintage feel.  The cream roses and the cream Prima lace just add to the effect. The image is colored with Copics but I am looking forward to trying out the Prima Palette Markers.


Here is another of my favorite cards. The image is by Ppinky Dolls  and it works beautifully with the Prima Epiphany collection. The resin butterflies and crystal circles add the perfect compliment to the collection.  I used the 3 by 4 Journal cards as well as the 6 inch pad to make this card. The 3 by 4 cards are perfect for layering..no cutting needed and the images are just the perfect scale for a card!



Ok I needed to share this page because it shows not only that gorgeous Prima Frame and the wonderful Prima Princess Collection Paper ..but it shows how wonderfully Prima works with other lines as well. I made this layout as a use your leftovers layout. The other pieces are just leftovers that were sitting in a bin waiting for a project. Look how the Prima items provide the perfect grounding point for the rest of the items. 




I hope you have enjoyed my post and my Prima inspired creation have inspired you to go and create something for yourself.  But just in case you need further inspiration make sure you check out the wonderful challenge Prima Blog has this month. There is a BAP and a PPP hope you play along... I think this is what will be inspiring my creations tonight..so check back soon to see what I make!!! Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment